Having been educated in Vietnam, Luu Hoang Hai has a comprehensive background of Vietnamese laws.
Hai specializes in Corporate/M&A and he has advised clients on a variety of issues in the field of corporate/M&A. Hai has been involving in various legal issues such as processing due diligence reports; drafting contracts; advising on other corporate matters; and so on. Furthermore, Hai has also provided supportive assistance in other legal fields of foreign investment, land, employment and litigation for many multinational corporations or “giant” domestic companies in Vietnam.
Prior to join CTN Law Firm as of counsel, Hai has more than 8 years experiences working for the largest law firm in Vietnam being VILAF and Lee&Ko, a Korean leading law firm.
Through the years in VILAF and Lee&Ko, Hai has involved into the following remarkable deals:
- Assisting Credit Suisse in relation to its investment in CrownX Corporation, the parent of VinMart supermarket and VinMart+ convenience store chains.
- Advising Vingroup in its issuance of US$ 325 mil Exchange Bonds listed on SGX-ST.
- Advising BIM Group in its issuance of US$ 200 milGreen Bonds listed on SGX-ST.
- Advising Credit Suisse (Singapore) Limited as the Sole Lead Manager in the US$ 300 million offering of convertible bonds due 2026 by Novaland Group.
- Advising Credit Suisse in Vietcombank’s issuance of ordinary shares worth US$270 million to GIC Private Limited in its private placement to raise charter capital.
- Advising Vingroup in raising US$400 million by issuing dividend preference shares to Hanwha Group in a private placement.
- Advising Vingroup’s merger of Vincommerce retail chain business with Masan Group and back to back acquisition from GIC and Credit Suisse.
- Advising Vingroup in relation to GIC and Credit Suisse’s $500 million acquisition of Vincommerce retail chain business.
- Advising Vingroup in the US$203 million issue of new shares in Vinmec, Vingroup’s hospital subsidiary, to a consortium of foreign investors led by GIC.
- Advising Vingroup and other individual shareholders in the sale of shares in Vinhomes JSC to Credit Suisse-led consortium in the form of a block trade sale with the value up to US$300 million.
- Assisting Affinity Equity Partners in relation to its purchase of US$130 million worth of international convertible bonds issued by Ho Chi Minh City Development Joint Stock Commercial Bank (HDB).
- Advising Scatec Solar in its acquisition of solar and wind energy projects in Vietnam.
- Advising a Thailand conglomerate in acquiring majority shares in cement plant in Vietnam valued US$400 million;
- Advising a Thailand conglomerate in acquiring majority shares in tapioca manufacturing plant in Vietnam valued US$15 million;
- Assisting a leading local group in acquiring majority stakes in fashion trading companies in Vietnam.
- Assisting a US$30 million financing package to a livestock farming business in Vietnam from an offshore lender;
- Advising a number of foreign companies on licensing process in Hanoi and other provinces of Vietnam.
- Advising a Korean contractor in a construction contract dispute of US$10 mil with a Vietnamese investor.